Nsfas And Tvet Colleges 2024/2025
Nsfas And Tvet Colleges 2024/2025
South African students who apply for NSFAS ( National Student Financial Aid Scheme) are expected to be schooling at any public Tvet College or university. The Nsfas application season for the 2024-2025 academic period is open to all who have applied to various colleges.
The Nsfas covers student registration fees, accommodation, tuition fees, and even monthly allowances. To enroll in the Nsfas bursary scheme, you need to apply online or by visiting any of the Nsfas offices nationwide. The 2024-2025 application date is open from the 21st of November 2023 and closes on the 31st of January 2024. All applicants are expected to meet all the application requirements.
Who Is Qualified To Apply For Nsfas At Tvet Colleges In 2024-2025
To be able to apply for the Nsfas for the 2024 academic year, you need to fall under the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Nsfas And Tvet Colleges Application Requirements 2024-2025
Your application for Nsfas 2024 will be straightforward should you possess the following requirements:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Apart from that, the bursary covers tuition and registration fees for students, it also covers the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: When Nsfas Application Open For 2023
How To Apply For Nsfas At Tvet Colleges In 2024-2025
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please get in touch with NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.