Nsfas And Tvet Colleges 2023-2024
Nsfas And Tvet Colleges Application Date 2023-2024
South African students who apply for Nsfas ( National Student Financial Aid Scheme) are expected to be schooling at any public Tvet Colleges or universities. The Nsfas application season for the 2023-2024 academic period is open to all who have applied to various colleges.
The Nsfas covers student registration fees, accommodation, tuition fees and even monthly allowances. To be enrolled on the Nsfas bursary scheme, you need to apply online or by visiting any of the Nsfas offices across the nation. The 2023-2024 application date is open from the 2nd of November 2022 and closes on the 7th of January 2023. All applicants are expected to meet all the application requirements.
Who Is Qualified To Apply For Nsfas At Tvet Colleges In 2023-2024
To be able to apply for the Nsfas for the 2023 academic year, you need to fall under the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Who Can Apply 2023-2024
Nsfas And Tvet Colleges Application Requirements 2023-2024
Your application for Nsfas 2023 will be very easy should you possess the following requirements:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Covers For Tvet College Students In 2023
Apart from that, the bursary covers tuition and registration fees for students, it also covers the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: When Nsfas Application Open For 2023
How To Apply For Nsfas At Tvet Colleges In 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.