Who Qualifies Nsfas Bursary 2023
Who Qualifies Nsfas Bursary Application 2023
Nsfas is a government agency that is been regulated by the Department of Higher Education and training which provides financial support to South African students who are enrolled in public colleges and Universities that comes from a family whose income is about R350,000 or less. If you are not a citizen, you won’t be able to apply for the Nsfas funds.
Also if you are a student who is schooling at a private college or University, you are not eligible to apply for the Nsfas bursary funds. All students who are willing to apply for the bursary must make sure that they are already enrolled in either public universities or Tvet colleges.
Application dates open for the 2023-2024 academic year for Nsfas start on the 2nd of November 2022 and closes on the 7th of January 2023. Apply within the application period in other to be considered.
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Bursary At The Public Universities And Tvet Colleges 2023
If you meet the application requirements for the bursary, you must also fall under the following to be eligible fully:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Funding 2023
Who Is Not Eligible To Apply for Nsfas In 2023
If you fall under the following you can’t apply for the Nsfas:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Application Covers In 2023-2024
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Read Also: When Nsfas Open For 2023
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.