Are Nsfas Applications Open For 2024
Are Nsfas Applications Open Date For 2024
All interested South African students enrolled in public universities and technical institutes are encouraged to apply as soon as possible because the Nsfas application window is currently open. The application period for the 2024 NSFAS opens on November 21st, 2023, and ends on January 31st, 2024. The application deadline may be extended to January 31st, 2024, due to the Covid 19 virus outbreak.
NSFAS is a government organization that falls under the Department of Higher Education and Training. It was created by the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999)to provide financial aid to students from poor and working-class families in a sustainable manner that promotes access to, and success in higher and further education and training, in pursuit of South Africa national and human resource development goals.
Application Date Still Open For Nsfas Bursaries 2024
The application doors for Nsfas will be opened for 2024 to all applicants from the 21st of November 2023 and close on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
The following supporting documents are required from all applicants to be taken into consideration, so make sure you have them before submitting your application. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Procedure 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS:
- Visit the NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2024.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.