Nsfas Is Still Open 2024
Apply Nsfas Is Still Open 2024
Do you want to attend or are you currently enrolled in a public university or TVET college in South Africa, do you come from a family that receives an income of R350 000 or below, then apply for Nsfas? NSFAS is a government agency under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
The 2024-2025 application season for NSFAS is still open to all who wish to apply. The application date open for the 2024 academic year starts on the 21st of November 2023 and applications will be closing on the 31st of January 2024. All applicants are therefore reminded to have in hand all the application requirements and also provide all the supporting documents.
Who Qualifies To Apply For Nsfas 2024
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2024 NSFAS application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
When Will Nsfas Application Be Still Open for 2024-2025
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 21st, 2023, and closing on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
What Does The Nsfas 2024 Cover
The Nsafs cover student registration, tuition, learning materials, etc. Below are some of the things that NSFAS funds cover for public Universities and public Tvet colleges:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Before completing your application, make sure you have the necessary supporting documents on hand because you’ll need them to be eligible for the funding. Without these documents, applications won’t be considered:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Apply For Nsfas 2024 While Is Still Open
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org