Nsfas Is Still Open 2023
Apply Nsfas Is Still Open 2023
Do you want to attend or are you currently enrolled in a public university or TVET college in South Africa, do you come from a family that receives an income of R350 000 or below, then apply for Nsfas? NSFAS is a government agency under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
The 2023-2024 application season for Nsfas is still open to all who wish to apply. The application date open for the 2023 academic year starts from the 2nd of November 2022 and applications will be closing on the 7th of January 2023. All applicants are therefore reminded to have in hand all the application requirements and also provide all the supporting documents.
Read: Nsfas Application For 2023
Who Qualifies To Apply For Nsfas 2023
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2023 nsfas application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
When Will Nsfas Application Be Still Open for 2023-2024
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 7, 2022, and closing on January 21, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
What Does The Nsfas 2023 Cover
The Nsafs cover student registration, tuition, learning materials etc. Below is some of the things that Nsfas funds cover for the public Universities and public Tvet colleges:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Application Requirements For Nsfas while Still Open For 2023-2024
Before completing your application, make sure you have the necessary supporting documents on hand because you’ll need them to be eligible for the funding. Without these documents, applications won’t be considered:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Apply For Nsfas 2023 While Is Still Open
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.