Nsfas Closing Date For 2024
Nsfas Application Closing Date For 2024
Every year, the Nsfas opens up to all South African students who have enrolled in universities and colleges to apply for the Nsfas bursaries. Currently, on the official website of Nsfas, the 2024 applications have been opened. Therefore anyone who would like to apply for the bursary to assist them in paying for their education should do that right away.
On November 21st, 2023, the NSFAS 2024–2025 application will be opened and it will close on January 31st, 2023. All are reminded to submit their applications by the deadline.
The South African government’s National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides financial aid to undergraduate students to help cover the cost of their post-secondary education. Its funding is handled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Nsfas Application Closing Date 2024
The online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Qualifies To Apply Before Nsfas Closing Date 2024
The following are people who are qualified to apply for the NSFAS funds for the year 2024-2025:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
The 2024 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
NSFAS will cover your costs for:
- Living allowance
- Learning material allowance
- Personal care allowance
UNISA students will receive funding for:
- Books (subject to the number of modules registered)
- Personal care allowance
Eligible students with a disability will receive funding for:
- Assistive Devices
- Human Support
Read Also: Nsfas Online Application For 2023
Nsfas Closing Date 2024
Nsfas Online Application Requirements For 2024
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the bursaries, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Create a profile: Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now: To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
- Complete: Submit your application
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org