Nsfas And Sassa
Apply Nsfas And Sassa
Do you need more light on the difference between the Nsfas bursary and SASSA grant, well continue reading to find out the differences and the two agencies work. Nsfas is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges but come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less.
SASSA is also The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) that is administered in terms of section 32 of the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004) and is implemented with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance of South Africa.
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is meant for South African Citizens, Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders who are between the ages of 18 and 60 years, who have insufficient means, who do not receive social grants on behalf of herself/ himself or who are not contributing to or eligible for UIF payment and have no financial support from any other source.
Can Sassa Grant Beneficiaries Apply For Nsfas In 2023
According to the NSFAS guidelines, SASSA grantees and other people with financial hardships that prevent them from paying for their own education may be eligible for support from NSFAS.
Receiving a grant from SASSA signals to Nsfas that the potential bursary applicant comes from a disadvantaged background. This is because the income requirements for bursaries and the means test used by SASSA to evaluate whether a person’s income is low enough to qualify for grants correspond.
As a result, SASSA recipients would be eligible to apply for and receive the NSFAS bursary. While NSFAS merely needs recipients of SASSA grants to supply their SASSA details, some bursaries do demand verification, such as a grant letter.
Read: Who Gets Nsfas 2023-2024
Application Requirement For Nsfas Funds 2023
To apply for Nsfas bursaries in 2023, you need to have the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Read Also: Nsfas Online Application 2023
Application Requirement Needed To Apply For Sassa Grants 2023
To enable SASSA to assess applicants’ applications, applicants or their proxy must confirm or supply the information below:
- Confirmation that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents
- Personal Details
- Mobile Number (cell phone number)
- Employment Information and Lifestyle Sustainability Information
- Banking Information
How To Apply For Nsfas 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
How To Apply For SAssa Grants 2023-2024
To apply for grants from Sassa, please kindly click on the link below:
Download The Application Form Of Sassa 2023 In PDF
WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
You only have to apply once via this website or the above WhatsApp number and not many times on every channel. SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.