How Nsfas Fund Unisa Students 2024/2025
How Nsfas Fund Unisa Students 2024/2025
The University of South Africa is one of the institutions in South Africa accepting applications for the class of 2024. Unisa students can now submit an online application for Nsfas bursaries via the organization’s website (www.nsfas.org.za). Interested applicants must satisfy all application requirements to be eligible for the grants.
To help students pay for their education, the government offers the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS, which is solely available to South African students. Applications for NSFA funding for the academic year 2024 will be accepted beginning on November 21st, 2023, and ending on January 31st, 2024.
Unisa Students Nsfas 2024 Application Date
The Unisa online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Read: Nsfas With Unisa 2023
Which Unisa Students Are Qualified To Apply For The NSFAS
The Unisa Nsfas bursary is available for people who are in the category listed below:
- Prospective students who applied for admission to the 2024 academic year for a first undergraduate qualification.
- Returning students who took a gap year in 2022 (ie did not study in 2022), who have an incomplete undergraduate qualification, and who have not exceeded the N+ rule.
- NSFAS approved returning and new students in 2022 who did not study during the 2022 academic year.
- Students funded by other NSFAS bursaries who wish to switch to the NSFAS DHET grant.
Your NSFAS Application Will Not Be Considered At Unisa If You:
You can’t receive Nsfas at Unisa if:
- received NSFAS funding in 2022.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not South African citizens.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
What Does The Nsfas Unisa 2024 Cover
Students who were successful to receive the NSFAS at Unisa can use the bursary to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
If your NSFAS application is rejected, you may appeal during the prescribed appeal application period only. The application process and dates for the appeal will be communicated. New applicants must appeal directly with NSFAS: www.nsfas.org.za
Unisa Nsfas Refunds 2024
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed the successful processing of registration data to Unisa.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
Nsfas Unisa 2024 Application Requirements
All students at Unisa who are applying for the Nsfasmust make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How Nsfas Fund Unisa Students 2024-2025
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
UNISA’s Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning center):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Unisa’s Official Website for more details.
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.