Nsfas Grant 2023
Nsfas Grant Application 2023
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) invites applicants to submit grant funding applications for the academic year 2023. Students who require financial aid to begin or continue their education can apply for funding. In South Africa, funding is available for tertiary studies at public universities or TVET colleges (it does NOT cover private institutions).
All interested South African students enrolled in public universities and Tvet colleges are therefore invited to submit applications as soon as possible while the Nsfas application window is still open. Beginning on November 2, 2022, and ending on January 7, 2023, respectively, is the application period for the 2023 NSFAS. The application date can be extended to January 21, 2023, due to the Covid 19 virus outbreak.
Nsfas Grant Application Date 2023
The application doors for Nsfas will be opened for the year 2023 to all applicants from the 7th of November 2022 and closes on the 7th of January 2023. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
Read: My Nsfas Application 2023
Nsfas Grant 2023 Application Requirements
Applicants must ensure that they satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification in 2023 (postgraduate courses will not be funded, except for postgraduate students who received funding in 2022)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a public tertiary institution within South Africa (University or TVET College)
- You must NOT have completed any previous qualifications
- You must be a SASSA grant recipient (excluding the SASSA COVID-19 grant)
- You must have a total combined household income that is NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- You must be living with a disability AND have a total combined household income NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- You must have started studying before 2018 and have a total combined household income NOT more than R122 000 per annum
What Does Te Nsfas Grant Cover In 2023 -2024
The following fees are covered by NSFAS funding: registration fees, tuition fees, study material costs, meal allowance, incidental/personal care expenses, accommodation or transportation as well as the following:
UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
TVET COLLEGE STUDENTS WILL RECIEVE:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: Nsfas Closing Date For 2023
How To Apply F0r Nsfas Grant 2023
Do you want to apply for a grant at Nsfas for the year 2023-2024, kindly follow the procedure published below:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.