Nsfas Bursaries For 2024
Nsfas Bursaries Application For 2024
A bursary is a financial award given to people or groups by any educational institution or financing authority. It is typically given to students to help them attend school, university, or college when they otherwise might not be able to. Currently, South Africa through the NSFAS provides bursaries to about 25 public universities and 50 public Tvet colleges.
In South Africa, the NSFAS bursary is the most often used method of funding education. Disadvantaged South Africans are provided NSFAS bursaries so they can enroll in free higher education. Their goal is to provide financial aid to students so they can access higher education.
The 2024 applications for the NSFAS bursaries are currently open on the official website. Applicants can visit the official website at https://www.nsfas.org.za/ to apply. The application date for 2024 starts on the 21st of November 2023 and closes on the 31st of January 2024. All applicants are expected to apply within the application period else your application will be denied.
Nsfas Bursaries Application Date For 2024
The application windows for Nsfas will be opened for the year 2024 to all applicants from the 21st of November 2023 and will close on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Bursaries For 2024
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2024 NSFAS application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Who Should Not Apply For NSFAS Bursaries For 2024
The following people are not allowed to apply:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified, and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
What Does The 2024 Nsfas Funds Cover
The 2024 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply For Nsfas Bursaries For 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS:
- Visit the NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2024.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.