Who Qualifies For Nsfas 2023
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Application 2023
Do you want to apply for the 2023 academic year Nsfas, Have you enrolled in a Tvet college or a public university, then you should fall under the required category of people who are eligible? The bursary can only be applied to South Africans who come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less. The application window of nsfas 2023 will be open from the 2nd of November 2022 and close on the 7th of January 2023.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a programme run by the South African government that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to help cover the cost of their higher education after they graduate from high school. The Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for financing it.
Who Qualifies For Nsfas 2023-2024
The Nsfas bursary is available for the category of people listed below:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Closing Date For 2023
Who Qualifies Not For Nsfas 2023-2024
If you happen to be among the category below, then it means you are not eligible to apply in the 2023 Nsfas application season:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
Online Nsfas Application Date Open
The Nsfas Funds are now open to all new or fresh South African students. The online application period for Nsfas will be open from November 2, 2022, and the application deadline is January 7, 2023. However, due to the pandemic breakout, the date might be moved to January 21st, 2023. Thus, applicants are requested to submit their applications as soon as feasible.
Nsfas 2023 Application Requirements
All students who are applying for the Nsfas must make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply For The Unisa Nsfas 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.