Nsfas Funding 2024
Nsfas Funding Application 2024
The Nsfas funding application for the year 2024 will be open from the 21st of November 2023 and it is expected to close on the 31st of January 2024. Therefore all applicants who wish to receive financial help from NSFAS should apply on time before the application deadline.
Nsfas is a government agency which is regulated by the Department of Higher Education and Training which provides educational funding to South African students who find it difficult to pay for their education. The funds are also available for students who come from families with a low income of R350 000 or less.
Students receive the funds to pay for their accommodation, living allowance, transport, and learning materials that need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
Online Application Date For Nsfas Funds 2024
The application doors for Nsfas will be opened for the year 2024 to all applicants from the 21st of November 2023 and will close on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
Who Qualifies to Receive Funding From Nsfas 2024-2025
If you are a citizen of South Africa, intend to enroll in school in 2024, or if you are enrolled in a public university or TVET college and you match the following criteria, you are eligible for an NSFAS bursary:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
Who Is Not Eligible To Apply For The Funds
Students who have previously applied for and been awarded financing, are not yet finished with their current degree and have no intention of switching from one industry to another (TVET College to University or vice versa).
If they pass all of their modules and fulfill the academic standards, they will get automatic funding for the remainder of their study.
Nsfas Funding For University Students Can Be Used To Pay For The Following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Funding For Tvet College Students Can Be Used To Pay For The Following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Nsfas Funding 2024 Application Process
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Create a profile: Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now: To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
- Complete: Submit your application
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.