Nsfas Funding 2023
Nsfas Funding Application 2023
The Nsfas funding application for the year 2023 will be open from the 2nd of November 2022 and it is expected to close on the 21st of January 2023. Therefore all applicants who wish to receive financial help from nsfas should apply on time before the application deadline.
Nsfas is a government agency which is regulated by the Department of Higher Education and training which provides educational funding to South African students who find it difficult to pay for their education. The funds are also available for students who come from families with a low income of R350 000 or less.
Students receive the funds to pay for their accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials that need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
Online Application Date For Nsfas Funds 2023
The application doors for Nsfas will be opened for the year 2023 to all applicants from the 7th of November 2022 and closes on the 21st of January 2023. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
Who Qualifies to Recieve Funding From Nsfas 2023-2024
If you happen to fall among the category of people below, then you are eligible to apply for the 2023 Nsfas application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read:Nsfas Required Documents 2023
Who Is Not Eligible To Apply For The Funds
The following people are not allowed to apply:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
Nsfas Funding For University Students Can Be Used To Pay For The Following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Funding For Tvet College Students Can Be Used To Pay For The Following:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
What Are The Needed Requirements To Apply For Nsfas 2023
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Funding 2023 Application Process
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.