When Nsfas Open For 2023
When Will Nsfas Application Be Open For 2023
Nsfas is a model or government entity that provides financial aid to all eligible public universities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college students from poor and working-class families.
The 2023-2024 application date open for Nsfas will begin from the 1st of November 2022 and closes on the 7th of January 2023. Therefore, before the deadline, everyone who wants to apply for NSFAS 2023 must plan and take into account the application dates.
The Scheme operates under the auspices of DHET which is one of the South African government’s departments. Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for supervising South African universities, colleges and other post-secondary institutions.
Nsfas Open Date For 2023
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 7, 2022, and closing on January 21, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For The NSFAS Funds 20223
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2023 nsfas application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Opening Date For 2023
Nsfas Application Requirements 2023-2024
The following supporting documents are required from all applicants in order to be taken into consideration, so make sure you have them before submitting your application. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Read Also: When Nsfas Open For 2023 Application
Nsfas Application Process 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.