How Often Nsfas Fund Unisa Students
How Often Can Unisa Students Apply For Nsfas Fund
In every academic year, Unisa makes it possible for fresh intakes and those who have been already admitted to the University to apply for the Nsfas bursary. The Nsfas fund was purposely established to take care of the financial hardships that students who come from low-income families with an annual income of R350 000 face.
University Of South Africa (Unisa) is one of the leading universities in South Africa and is currently open for application for the year 2023. All Unisa new and already enrolled students who wish to apply for the Nsfas bursaries can now do so online through the official website of Nsfas(www.nsfas.org.za). Interested applicants must meet all the application requirements in order to receive the funds.
Nsfas Unisa 2023 Application Date
The Unisa online application date for Nsfas 2023-2024 begins on November 2nd, 2022, and closes on January 7th, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Unisa Registrations Dates 2023
Have you applied to enrol at Unisa for the academic year 2023? If so, do you know when registration will be accepted? If not, continue reading this blog post for information on when an application can proceed with their registration:
- Application date for admission to undergraduate limited qualifications for the 2023 academic year open from 10-31 May 2023.
- Unisa Registration date for Undergraduate Students: 20 June – 29th of July
- Application Date For Honours Degree & Postgraduate Diploma (Only for Semester 2 Modules): From the 20th of June to July 29 ( Excluding CAS programmes)
- Masters And Doctoral Qualification(Only Semester 2 Modules): From 20th of June to July 29 ( MBA&MBL programmes Only)
What Does The Nsfas Unisa 2023 Cover
Students who were successful to receive the Nsfas at Unisa can use the bursary to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Unisa 2023-2024 Application Requirements
All students at Unisa who are applying for the Nsfasmust make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Read: Nsfas And Unisa 2023-2024
How Often Nsfas Fund Unisa Students
Nsfas provides bursaries for Unisa students in every academic year.
How To Apply For The Unisa Nsfas 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
Unisa Nsfas Appeal Application
If your NSFAS application is rejected, you may appeal during the prescribed appeal application period only. The application process and dates for the appeal will be communicated. New applicants must appeal directly with NSFAS: www.nsfas.org.za
UNISA’s Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa’s Official Website for more details.
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.