Nsfas Online 2024 Unisa
Nsfas Online 2024 Unisa Application
University Of South Africa (Unisa) is one of the universities of South Africa which is currently open for application for the year 2024. All Unisa students who wish to apply for the Nsfas bursaries can now do so online through the official website of Nsfas(www.nsfas.org.za). Interested applicants must meet all the application requirements in order to receive the funds.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS, is a government loan available to only South African students to assist them in paying for their education. Nsfas financing applications for the year 2024 academic will be accepted from the 21st of November 2023 and will close on the 31st of January 2024.
Online Nsfas Online Application Date Open For Unisa
All new or fresh students who have enrolled at Unisa can now apply for the Nsfas Funds. At Unisa the online application date to apply for Nsfas will be opened from the 21st of November 2023 and will applications will be closing on the 31st of January 2024. But because of the pandemic outbreak date may be extended to the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are therefore urged to apply early as possible.
What Does Nsfas Cover For Unisa Students 2024
Students who were successful to receive the Nsfas at Unisa can use the bursary to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Unisa 2024 Online Application Requirements
All students at Unisa who are applying for the Nsfasmust make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Read Also: Nsfas Unisa Second Semester 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
UNISA’s Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Unisa’s Official Website for more details.
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.