Nsfas Register 2023-2024
Register For Funds At Nsfas 2023-2024
Do you wish to study or are already studying at a public university or TVET college but come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less, then register for Nsfas? The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a programme run by the South African government that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to assist in covering the cost of their higher education after they graduate from high school.
The Scheme operates under the auspices of DHET which is one of the South African government’s departments. Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for supervising South African universities, colleges and other post-secondary institutions.
Some students are good academically but due to financial difficulty, some become dropouts and end up on the streets, but with the help of the Nsfas funds, every South African can now afford to pay for their education without stress. All Nsfas applications are done online.
Online Registration Date For Nsfas 2023
The application doors for Nsfas will be opened for the year 2023 to all applicants from the 7th of November 2022 and closes on the 21st of January 2023. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
Who Qualifies To Register For NSFAS 2023-2024
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2023 nsfas application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Closing Date For 2023
Who Should Not Register For The 2023 Nsfas
The following people are not allowed to apply:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
What Does The 2023 Nsfas Funds Cover
The 2023 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
What Are The Needed Requirements To Register For Nsfas 2023-2024
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Register For The 2023 -2024 Nsfas
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click myNSFAS tab
- Click register
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify your details
- Then capture your ID number as it is stated on your ID document
- Type in your full names and surname as per your ID document
- Type in your current email address
- Confirm your email address
- Type in your cell phone number
- Create a password
- Confirm password
- Upload ID copy
- OTP will be sent to the email and cell number provided (this OTP expires after 24 hours)
- Type in the OTP and click submit
- You have now completed your re-registration
Read Also: Apply For Nsfas 2023
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.