Apply For Nsfas 2024
Apply For Nsfas Funds 2024; www.nsfas.org.za apply
Are you having financial challenges financing your university or college education in South Africa, then calm your heart down, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme is currently open for application to all students who are looking for financial support. The NSFAS 2024-2025 application will be open from the 21st of November 2023 and closes on the 31st of January 2024. All applicants are informed to apply before the application deadline.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a program that is been run by the South African government that offers financial assistance to students in order to help cover the cost of their education. The program operates under the auspices of the Departments of Higher Education and Training(DHET) of South Africa.
Apply For Nsfas 2024 Date
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 21st, 2023, and closing on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Qualifies To Apply For Nsfas 2024
If you are a citizen of South Africa, intend to enroll in school in 2024, or if you are enrolled in a public university or TVET college and you match the following criteria, you are eligible for an NSFAS bursary:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
What Does Nsfas Application Cover For 2024
The 2024 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
NSFAS will cover your costs for:
- Living allowance
- Learning material allowance
- Personal care allowance
UNISA students will receive funding for:
- Books (subject to the number of modules registered)
- Personal care allowance
Eligible students with a disability will receive funding for:
- Assistive Devices
- Human Support
Read Also: Nsfas Application 2023 Opening Date
Nsfas Application Requirements For 2024
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Create a profile: Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now: To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
- Complete: Submit your application
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org