Apply For Nsfas 2023
Apply For Nsfas Funds 2023
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a programme that is been run by the South African government that offers financial assistance to students in order to help cover the cost of their education. The programme operates under the auspices of the Departments of Higher Education and Training(DHET) of South Africa.
Are you having financial challenges financing your university or college education in South Africa, then calm your heart down, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme is currently open for application to all students who are looking for financial support. The NSFAS 2023-2024 application will be open from the 7th of November 2022 and closes on the 21st of January 2023. All applicants are informed to apply before the application deadline.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a programme run by the South African government that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to assist in covering the cost of their higher education after they graduate from high school.
Apply For Nsfas 2023 Date
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 7, 2022, and closing on January 21, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
READ: Nsfas Application For 2023
Who Qualifies To Apply For Nsfas 2023
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2023 nsfas application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does Nsfas Application Cover For 2023
The 2023 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: Nsfas Application 2023 Opening Date
Nsfas Application Requirements For 2023
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.