Nsfas Kimberley 2024/2025
Nsfas Kimberley Application 2024/2025
Have you completed high school and looking forward to furthering your education at a tertiary level, do you live in the Northern Cape province of Kimberley, and do you wish to apply for Nsfas to support you financially, the chill, this post will guide you through on how to apply for the funds?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government scholarship program that offers tertiary assistance to underprivileged students who want to attend any of South Africa’s 26 public universities or 50 TVET institutes. Registration and tuition fees are covered by NSFAS financing, which also gives students a variety of allowances. These payments cover travel, housing, and educational costs.
Currently, the Nsfas application period is open to all inhabitants of Kimberley. The Scheme operates under the auspices of DHET which is one of the South African government’s departments. Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for supervising South African universities, colleges, and other post-secondary institutions.
Nsfas Kimberley Application Date 2024/2025
All applicants may submit an NSFAS application starting on November 21st, 2023, and it will be accepted through January 31st, 2024. Consequently, candidates are urged to submit their applications before the cutoff date.
What Does The Kimberley Nsfas Cover
The 2024 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
Kimberley Nsfas Office Location
- Old Telkom Building, 64-70 De Toit Span Building8300 – Kimberley
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.