Nsfas Book Allowance 2023
Nsfas Book Allowance Application 2023
Attending a tertiary institution can be costly sometimes. You will need to pay for almost everything apart from taking care and providing for yourself. Students who enrol at Tvet colleges and universities have to pay for the handout on every course they take including books that will be prescribed by their lectures. In some cases, students have to miss class because they can’t afford textbooks and handouts.
Because of this challenge, Nsfas, a South African government agency that opperates under the auspices of the Department Of Higher Education and Training comes in with financial support to assist students in paying for their books. Apart from that Nsfas gives bursary for books they also pay the student registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and many more.
Public Tvet Colleges and Universities students who go through these challenges can now apply for the Nsfas Bursary. From the 2nd of November 2022, the applications shall be open and will be closing on the 7th of January 2023. On this wise applicants must apply early so they meet the deadline.
Read: Nursing Colleges With Nsfas 2023-2024
What Does The Nsfas Cover Fo Students In Tvet Colleges In South Africa In 2023
Nsfas pays for students’ registration, tuition, books and some learning materials. Below is a list of some other things that are covered with the Nsfas Fund:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
What Does The Nsfas Cover Fo Students In Public Universities In South Africa In 2023
Nsfas pays for students’ registration, tuition, books and some learning materials, they also pay for the following:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
How To Apply For Books Allowance From Nsfas In 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.