Nsfas Book Allowance 2024
Nsfas Book Allowance 2024; Nsfas Book Allowance Form
Attending a tertiary institution can be costly sometimes. You will need to pay for almost everything apart from taking care of and providing for yourself. Students who enroll at Tvet colleges and universities have to pay for the handout on every course they take including books that will be prescribed by their lectures. In some cases, students have to miss class because they can’t afford textbooks and handouts.
Because of this challenge, Nsfas, a South African government agency that operates under the auspices of the Department Of Higher Education and Training comes in with financial support to assist students in paying for their books. Apart from that Nsfas gives bursaries for books they also pay the student registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, and many more.
Public Tvet Colleges and Universities students who go through these challenges can now apply for the Nsfas Bursary. From the 21st of November 2023, the applications shall be open and will be closing on the 31st of January 2024. On this applicants must apply early so they meet the deadline.
What Does The NSFAS Cover For Students In Tvet Colleges In South Africa In 2024
Nsfas pays for students’ registration, tuition, books, and some learning materials. Below is a list of some other things that are covered by the NSFAS Fund:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Nsfas Book Allowance Form
What Does The NSFAS Cover for Students In Public Universities In South Africa In 2024
Nsfas pays for students’ registration, tuition, books, and some learning materials, they also pay for the following:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS:
- Visit the NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2024.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.