Nsfas Disability Form 2023-2024
Nsfas Disability Form Download 2023-2024
All South African students who are currently studying at the public Universities and public Tvet Colleges and those who are yet to apply are all entitled to receive bursaries from Nsfas in the year 2023. Nsfas is not selective when giving out bursaries therefore students with disability are not exempted from receiving the funds.
Students with disability should download the disability annexure form from the official website of Nsfas. NSFAS will cover your tuition and registration fees and you will also receive allowances such as living allowance, transport allowance, personal/incidental allowance and a learning materials/book allowance.
If the applicant happens to be a child with a disability, Nsfas has special treatment for them because of their condition. Applications are currently opened to the general public, thus South African students apply for the Nsfas bursary. From the 2nd of November 2022 to the 7th of January 2023, the application will be open.
Read: Tshwane South Tvet College Application Form 2023
What Are The Requirements For Persons With Disability 2023-2024
The following requirements must be met if you are a person with a disability in order to be sponsored by NSFAS:
- The primary disability must be an impairment that is long-term, recurring and substantially limiting
- Household income needs to be below R600 000 per year
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be accepted or apply to a Public South African University
- SASSA grant recipients qualify immediately
What Are The Special Supports That Persons With Disability Receive From Nsfas In 2023
Students who have disabilities receive additional assistance, such as:
- The assessment is limited to one assessment for the duration of the qualification and on request by the Disability Unit/Student Support.
- R2000 once off
- Limited to one assistive device for the duration of the qualification.
- R50 000 once off
- To cover for the cost of human support such as a caregiver, guide-dog, scribe, tutor, or sign language interpreter.
- R50 000 per year
Download The Disability Annexure Form PDF For Of Nsfas 2023
Nsfas Application Requirements For 2023-2024
The following are the application requirements that are needed from all the applicants who apply for the bursary:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply For The Nsfas Bursary 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.