Will Nsfas Be Extended 2024
Will Nsfas Be Extended 2024; www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024
South African students who missed the closing date for submitting their applications for financial aid under the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for 2024 can breathe with relief. The government financial aid organisation has confirmed that it has chosen to extend the deadline and provide eager students with an additional chance to apply.
The application date for 2024 Nsfas will be open from the 21st of November 2023 and will be closing on the 31st of January 2024. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme would like to inform all students and unfunded students that the deadline for applications for student financial aid may be extended to January 31st, 2024.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For Nsfas In 2024
If you find yourself within the category that is listed below, then you are eligible or qualified to apply for Nsfas:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Cover In 2024
For both working-class and financially disadvantaged students attending public colleges and universities, NSFAS offers a fully subsidised financing source. The bursary pays the entire cost of the education, including tuition, fees, books, meals, lodging/travel expenses, and personal care expenses:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Nsfas Application Requirements For 2024
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.