Nursing Colleges With Nsfas 2023-2024
Nursing Colleges With Nsfas Application 2023-2024
Nursing is a field of work in the healthcare industry that focuses on providing care to people so they can achieve, maintain, or regain optimal health and quality of life.
Have you completed high school and will like to pursue your career in a nursing course at the tertiary level of education, do you have the means to pay for the cost involved, are you wondering if you can get financial support from the National Students Financial Aid Scheme then continue reading, this blog post has the deepest explanation below.
Nsfas only gives financial support to students who are enrolled in any of the public Tvet Colleges or universities in South Africa. In order for you to get the Nsfas funds, you first need to be admitted into any of the public universities that offer a nursing course and make sure that you meet all the application requirements.
There are numerous nursing colleges across the nation. But you won’t be able to receive financing through NSFAS since they are private institutions. However, you can ask the college about any potential financial aid possibilities the university could have for you.
Nursing Colleges With Nsfas 2023-2024 Application Date
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 2, 2022, and closing on January 07, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Pay For In 2023
Nsfas offers payments of student registration fees and tuition fees. Apart from that it also caters for the following:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Read Also: Tshwane North Tvet College Nursing Requirements 2023
Tvet College Students
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Requirements For Nsfas Application 2023 Opening Date
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nursing Colleges With Nsfas 2023-2024
How To Apply For The 2023 Nsfas Funds
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.