How Much Nsfas Money In 2024/2025
How Much Nsfas Money Allowances In 2024/2025
Every academic year, Nsfas allocates monies to students who have been accepted into the scheme as allowances. The NSFAS is a financial scheme operating under the Department of Higher Education and Training of South Africa which provides financial support to eligible South African citizens who have applied or are currently studying at any of the public colleges and universities.
The Nsfas bursary gives out money to students to pay registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, transport, learning materials, and many more. If you want to benefit from the bursary, the 2024-2025 application period is currently open from the 21st of November 2023 and closes on the 31st of January 2024.
Who Is Qualified To Receive The Nsfas Money In 2024-2025
The Nsfas bursary is only given to South Africans who fall under the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for university students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Read: Nsfas Funding 2023
How Much Money Does Nsfas Give To Tvet College Students In 2024-2025
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for Tvet college students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.