How Nsfas Assist Students 2024
How Does Nsfas Bursary Assist Students 2024
The National Student’s Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a bursary or funding that is provided by the government to South African students who have been admitted to a college or university but are coming from financially disadvantaged backgrounds. NSFAS uses its standards to determine who is deserving of funding or is eligible. The bursary assists financially strapped students with paying their registration fees, tuition, accommodation costs, meal allowances, and book allowances.
Apply now for the 2024-2025 Nsfas funding because the application window is currently open. Nsfas is accepting applications for 2024 from the 21st of November 2023 and it will be closing on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are therefore informed to apply within the application period because late applications will not bt be accepted.
When Can A Student Apply For NSFAS in 2024
The online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
How Does Nsfas Assist Students Of South Africa 2024
Nsfas offers great assistance to students who are enrolled in public Universities and the Tvet colleges of South Africa by paying for their tuition fees and registration fees. Below are some other areas that the bursary covers:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Make sure you have the following supporting documentation on hand before completing your application as all applicants must provide these to be considered for the bursaries. Without meeting these NSFAS standards, applications will not be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following)
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.