Nsfas Wallet Account
Application For Nsfas Wallet Account
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a South African government financial aid scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training. It provides financial aid to undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school.
NSFAS Wallet is an online account that is created on the Nsfas system which can be accessed by mobile phone and will allow you to withdraw cash and/or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS.
Allowance amounts are determined through consultation with institutions, and communicated to NSFAS when you register. Students with NSFAS funding who are eligible for direct allowances from NSFAS will receive cash in their NSFAS Wallets.
Read: My Nsfas 2023
Requirements Needed To Create An NSFAS Account In 2024
What is required to obtain NSFAS allowances through the NSFAS Wallet is as follows:
- Your cell phone and valid SIM card
- You must sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student at NSFAS
- You will not need to withdraw cash to pay your landlord or any registered merchant.
If you are new to the NSFAS scheme, you need to create an account so you can withdraw money with ease. Follow the procedures given below to open or register for your account:
- You will receive an SMS welcoming you to the NSFAS Wallet
- Verify your account by dialing *120*176# and reply with your ID number
- Receive a password that you will use when transacting. (Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times as anyone with access to your password may access or spend your money. It is advisable to log in to Celbux.appspot.com with your 5-digit password and update your password to something more secure and memorable).
- Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin. Nsfas Application
How Do the Nsfas Accounts Work
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save, and select Spar stores.
- Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
Please be aware that NSFAS Wallet is only used by students enrolled in courses at the following colleges to obtain their allowances:
- Capricorn TVET College
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Coastal KZN TVET College
- East Cape Midlands TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mopani South East TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgugundlovu TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Flavius Mareka TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
Contact Details Of Nsfas
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been useful to you, for more details visit the official website of Nsfas for inquiries.