Nsfas Wallet Account
Application For Nsfas Wallet Account
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a South African government financial aid scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training. It provides financial aid to undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school.
NSFAS Wallet is an online account which is created on the Nsfas system which can be accessed by mobile phone and will allow you to withdraw cash and/or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS.
Allowance amounts are determined through consultation with institutions, and communicated to NSFAS when you register. Students with NSFAS funding who are eligible for direct allowances from NSFAS will receive cash in their NSFAS Wallets.
Read: My Nsfas 2023
Requirements Needed To Create A Nsfas Account In 2023
What is required to obtain NSFAS allowances through NSFAS Wallet is as follows:
• Your own cell phone and valid SIM card
• You must sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student at NSFAS
• You will not need to withdraw cash to pay your landlord or any registered merchant.
How To Create An Nsfas Wallet Account 2023
If you are new to the Nsfas scheme, you need to create an account so you can withdraw money at ease. Follow the procedures given below to open or register for your account:
• You will receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
• Verify your account by dialling *120*176# and reply with your ID number
• Receive a password that you will use when transacting. (Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times as anyone with access to your password may access or spend your money. It is advisable to log in to Celbux.appspot.com with your 5-digit password and update your password to something more secure and memorable).
• Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
How Does The Nsfas Accounts Works
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores.
- Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
Contact Details Of Nsfas
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been useful to you, for more details visit the official website of Nsfas for inquiries.