Who Does Nsfas Fund 2024
Who Does Apply For Nsfas Fund 2024
Do you want to apply for the 2024 academic year Nsfas, Have you enrolled in a Tvet college or a public university, then you should fall under the required category of eligible people. The bursary can only be applied to South Africans who come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less. The application window for NSFAS 2024 will be open from the 21st of November 2023 and close on the 31st of January 2024.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a program run by the South African government that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to help cover the cost of their higher education after they graduate from high school. The Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for financing it.
Who Does Nsfas Fund 2024-2025
The Nsfas bursary is available for the category of people listed below:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Who Does Nsfas Not Fund 2024
If you happen to be among the category below, then it means you are not eligible to apply in the 2024 Nsfas application season:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified, and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
Online Nsfas Application Date Open
The Nsfas Funds are now open to all new or fresh South African students. The online application period for Nsfas will be open from November 21st, 2023, and the application deadline is January 31st, 2024. However, due to the pandemic breakout, the date might be moved to January 31st, 2024. Thus, applicants are requested to submit their applications as soon as feasible.
Nsfas 2024 Application Requirements
All students who are applying for the NSFAS must make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.