How Many Students Does NSFAS Fund
How Many Students Does NSFAS Fund For Accommodation
A South African citizen who is from a family with a combined yearly household income of not more than R350 000 is required to apply for NSFAS assistance (in the case of students with a disability the combined annual household income may not exceed R600 000 per annum).
In the year 2023, NSFAS has confirmed financing for 691,432 students, of whom 462,983 are female and 227,072 are male. Nsfas looks forward to increasing the number of students who are going to benefit from the bursary in the 2024 academic year.
It is urged that all NSFAS-eligible students who have been granted funding proceed to the institutions to which they have been admitted to register for the 2024 academic year.
As part of the policy for publicly funded higher education, NSFAS students are not required to pay the registration fee. This means that no student who receives funding from NSFAS and whose name is on the funded list should be required to pay registration.
Online Application Date Still Open For Nsfas Bursaries 2024
The application doors for Nsfas will be opened for the year 2024 to all applicants from the 21st of November 2023 and will close on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are therefore urged to apply within the application deadline.
What Does Nsfas Cover In 2024
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Nsfas Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Nsfas Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How Many Students Does Nsfas Fund
Nsfas Online Application Procedure 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS:
- Visit the NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2024.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.