Nsfas Wits 2024/2025
Nsfas Application At Wits 2024/2025
University education can be a bit costly depending on the qualification the student chooses. Most students end up dropping out because they don’t have the financial support to continue paying. However, students who enroll at Wit University are exceptional.
The University has made it possible for its students to apply for Nsfas funds, a bursary provided by the South African government through the Nsfas and regulated by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Wits University is open for the 2024-2025 academic year and offers undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees and diplomas, as well as a range of short courses and part-time and online offerings. Nsfas Wits 2024/2025
Nsfas Application For 2024 Closing Date
The online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Is Qualified To Apply For Nsfas At Wits University
If you are a citizen of South Africa, intend to enroll in school in 2024, or if you are enrolled in a public university or TVET college and you match the following criteria, you are eligible for an NSFAS bursary:
Below is the category of people who are eligible to apply for Nsfas at Wits:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
How Much Does Nsfas Give To Wits University Students In 2024-2025
The following are the allowances given to university students:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Online Application Required Documents 2024-2025
To apply online for the Nsfas funds, make sure you have the following documents in hand:
- You must provide a copy of your ID.
- To complete registration, you will need a copy of your ID. If you have an ID card, ensure you upload a copy reflecting both sides of your ID card.
- You must have an NSFAS consent form from your parent(s), guardian, or spouse to submit your personal information for validation and verification. Once you accept the applicable terms and conditions, you confirm that you have received consent from all relevant parties.
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Read Also: Nsfas Online Application For 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Create a profile:
Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now:
To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
Submit your application
- Tel: +27 (0)11 717 1000
- Tel: +27 (0)11 717 1888
For any queries related to this bursary program, please get in touch with NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org