Nsfas Wits 2023-2024
Nsfas Application At Wits 2023-2024
University education can be a bit costly depending on the qualification the student chooses. Most students end up dropping out because they don’t have the financial support to continue paying. But students who enrol at Wit University are exceptional.
The University has made it possible for its students to apply for Nsfas funds, a bursary provided by the South African government through the Nsfas and regulated by the Department of Higher Education and training.
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Wits University is open for the 2023-2024 academic year and offers undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees and diplomas, as well as a range of short courses and part-time and online offerings.
Nsfas Application For 2023 Closing Date
The online application date for Nsfas 2023-2024 begins on November 2nd, 2022, and closes on January 7th, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Is Qualified To Apply For Nsfas At Wits University
Below is the category of people who are eligible to apply for Nsfas at Wits:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Does Nsfas Give To Wits University Students In 2023-2024
The following are the allowances given to university students:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Online Application Required Documents 2023-2024
To apply online for the Nsfas funds, make sure you have the following documents in hand:
- You must provide a copy of your ID.
- To complete registration, you will need a copy of your ID. If you have an ID card, ensure you upload a copy reflecting both sides of your ID card.
- You must have an NSFAS consent form from your parent(s), guardian, or spouse to submit your personal information for validation and verification. Once you accept the applicable terms and conditions, you confirm that you have received consent from all relevant parties.
Read Also: Nsfas Online Application For 2023
Apply for an allowance from Nsfas using the following process below:
- To begin, you must create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click the Apply tab
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2022-2023 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
- Tel: +27 (0)11 717 1000
- Tel: +27 (0)11 717 1888
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org