How Much Is Nsfas Allowance For 2024
How Much Is Nsfas Monthly Allowance For 2024
Are you a South African student in a college or university who has successfully applied for the National Students Financial Aid Scheme(Nsfas)? Nsfas provides allowances to South African students who enroll in public colleges and universities. Nsfas is a government agency that gives financial aid to students from financially challenged homes.
The allowances given are allocated to pay for registration fees, tuition fees, transportation, accommodation, meals, etc. Therefore, if you are identified as a beneficiary, a monthly student allowance will be given to you. It should be noted that this normally starts as soon as academic activities pick back up.
Therefore, if your school is still out on vacation, you might need to be patient. These allowances are nonetheless paid in cash. As a student, you can receive payment directly using NSFAS Wallet, or your school may do so.
Who Qualifies For NSFAS Allowance
If you are a citizen of South Africa, intend to enroll in school in 2024, or if you are enrolled in a public university or TVET college and you match the following criteria, you are eligible for an NSFAS bursary:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
How Much Is Nsfas Allowance For Universities In 2024
The following are the allowances given to university students:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
How Much Is Nsfas Allowance For Tvet College In 2024
The following are the allowances given to Tvet college students:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Apply for an allowance from Nsfas using the following process below:
- To begin, you must create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click the Apply tab
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2024-2025 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
For any queries related to this bursary program, please get in touch with NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.