How Much Is Nsfas Allowance For 2023
How Much Is Nsfas Monthly Allowance For 2023
Are you a South African student in a college or university who has successfully applied for the National Students Financial Aid Scheme(Nsfas)? Nsfas provides allowances to South African students who enrol in public colleges and universities. Nsfas is a government agency that gives financial aid to students from financially challenged homes.
The allowances given are allocated to pay for registration fees, tuition fees, transportation, accommodation, meals etc. Therefore, if you are identified as a beneficiary, a monthly student allowance will be given to you. It should be noted that this normally starts as soon as academic activities pick back up.
Therefore, if your school is still out for vacation, you might need to be patient. These allowances are nonetheless paid in cash. As a student, you can receive payment directly using NSFAS Wallet, or your school may do so.
Who Qualifies For NSFAS Allowance
The following are the people who qualify for the 2023 Nsfas allowances:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Application For 2023
How Much Is Nsfas Allowance For Universities In 2023
The following are the allowances given to university students:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
How Much Is Nsfas Allowance For Tvet College In 2023
The following are the allowances given to Tvet college students:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
How To Apply For The Nsfas Allowances 2023
Apply for an allowance from Nsfas using the following process below:
- To begin, you must create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click the Apply tab
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2022-2023 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.