Nsfas Unisa Second Semester 2023
Nsfas Unisa Second Semester Application 2023
The Unisa second semester application for the year 2023 is currently open for applicants who did not make it to the main or first semester. The second-semester application date is scheduled to start from the 9th of June to the 5th of August 2023. Meanwhile, if you have already applied and gained admission at Unisa you can apply for Nsfas to fund your education.
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Nsfas Application Date Open For Unisa
All new or fresh students who have enrolled at Unisa can now apply for the Nsfas Funds. At Unisa the online application date to apply for Nsfas will be opened from the 2nd of November 2022 and will applications will be closing on the 7th of January 2023. But because of the pandemic outbreak date may be extended to the 21st of January 2023. Applicants are therefore urged to apply early as possible.
Read: Nsfas Online Application 2023
What Does Nsfas Unisa Second Semester 2023 Cover
Students who were successful to receive the Nsfas at Unisa can use the bursary to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Application Requirements For Nsfas Unisa Second Semester 2023
All students at Unisa who are applying for the Nsfasmust make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply For The Nsfas Unisa Second Semester 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
UNISA’s Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa’s Official Website for more details.
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.