Nsfas Final Year Programme 2023-2024
Nsfas Final Year Courses And Programme 2023-2024
Students in their final year of study who will be eligible to graduate at the conclusion of the year are eligible to receive funding under the Final Year Programme. In 2011, the President announced the creation of this unique funding initiative. The loan becomes a 100% bursary if you graduate during your final year. The Final Year Programme is only available to students once.
NSFAS is a bursary programme supported by the Department of Higher Education and Training for students who lack the resources to pay for their education and are unable to acquire bank loans, study loans, or other forms of financial aid.
What Do The Nsfas Funds Cover In 2023-204
The Nsfas provides funds to students to pay for their registration, tuition and other learning materials. Below are some of the things the Nsfas bursary covers for the 2023-2024 year for universities and colleges:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
TVET COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Nsfas Final Year Programme 2023-2024
What Courses Are Funded By Nsfas In 2023-2024
The following are some courses and programmes that are funded by Nsfas:
- Postgraduate qualifications
- Part-time studies
- Private institution courses
- A second undergraduate qualification
- Short courses
Nsfas Online Application Requirements 2023
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered; so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Read: Tshwane South Tvet College Nsfas 2023
Nsfas Online Application Procedure 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.