Can Nsfas Fund My Second Degree
Can Nsfas Fund My Second Degree Programmes
NSFAS funding has been set aside for first-time students enrolled who are beginning a brand-new programme whether in a university or college. However, if a student already holds a TVET credential and wishes to pursue a university degree for the first time, they may apply for NSFAS.
According to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), students who have already attended college or earned a degree from a university are ineligible for financial aid. Students who do not qualify for Nsfas funding may apply for other forms of funding such as university bursaries and scholarships, Fundi, Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme, Ikusasa Student Financial Aid Programme and bank student loans.
Almost every university offers a unique type of financial aid. Many publications detailing bursaries and scholarships are provided by some universities, while staff are present at others to explain the specifics of what is offered and how to apply.
Application Date For Nsfas Funds 2023
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 7, 2022, and closing on January 21, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Does Nsfas Funds Postgraduate Programmes In 2023
Even though NSFAS does support post-graduate education, it only does so for specific programmes. The STEM fields and a few others have been given priority in the program, as expected. The following are some of the postgraduate programmes that can be funded by Nsfas:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
- B Tech: Chiropractic
- B Tech: Clinical Technology/Dental Technology
- B Tech: Emergency Medical Care
- B Tech: Engineering (Chemical/Civil/Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Metallurgy/Refractories)
- B Tech: Forestry
- B Tech: Homeopathy B Tech: Nursing/Nursing Science/Community Nursing/Primary Healthcare/Occupational Nursing)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor of Laws/LLB.
Can Nsfas Fund You For A Second Degree
Nsfas Application Requirements 2023-2024
The following supporting documents are required from all applicants in order to be taken into consideration, so make sure you have them before submitting your application. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Can Nsfas Fund You For A Second Degree
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.