Nsfas Postgraduate 2024/2025
Nsfas Postgraduate Courses 2024/2025
Many undergraduate courses and programs are funded by Nsfas. All South Africans who enroll in Tvet colleges and public universities who are pursuing their career in undergraduate courses can apply. But many are they also keep asking, does Nsfas provides funds for students studying postgraduate programs. Yes, Nsfas provides funds for postgraduate programmes but it’s for a few selected courses.
NSFAS generally does not fund many Postgraduate diplomas, Honours degrees, Masters degrees, and Ph.D. degrees. But students who are studying in the mentioned above courses also have an alternative. Postgraduate diploma students, honors degrees, master’s degrees, and Ph.D. students can also apply for financial support from the National Research Foundation (NRF) at www.nrf.ac.za
Nsfas Online Application 2024 Opening Date
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 21st, 2023, and closing on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
The cost of the postgraduate degree will be covered if it is a professional necessity for employment:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
- B Tech: Chiropractic
- B Tech: Clinical Technology/Dental Technology
- B Tech: Emergency Medical Care
- B Tech: Engineering (Chemical/Civil/Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Metallurgy/Refractories)
- B Tech: Forestry
- B Tech: Homeopathy
- B Tech: Nursing/Nursing Science/Community Nursing/Primary Healthcare/Occupational Nursing)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor of Laws/LLB
Nsfas Application Requirements For Postgraduate 2024-2025
If you are a postgraduate student applying for Nsfas funds, you must have the following requirements:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How to Apply For Nsfas Funds For Postgraduate Courses 2024-2025
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS:
- Visit the NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2024.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.