Nsfas Postgraduate 2023-2024
Nsfas Postgraduate Courses 2023-2024
There are many undergraduate courses and programmes that are funded by Nsfas. All South Africans who enrol in Tvet colleges and the public universities who are pursuing their career in undergraduate courses can apply. But many are they also keep asking, does Nsfas provides funds for students studying postgraduate programmes. Yes, Nsfas provides funds for postgraduate programmes but it’s for a few selected courses.
NSFAS generally does not fund many Postgraduate diplomas, Honours degrees, Masters degrees and PhD degrees. But students who are studying in the mentioned above courses also have an alternative. Postgraduate diploma students, honours degrees, master’s degrees and PhD students can also apply for financial support from the National Research Foundation (NRF) at www.nrf.ac.za
Nsfas Online Application 2023 Opening Date
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 2, 2022, and closing on January 7, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
What Postgraduate Courses Does Nsfas Provide Funds
The cost of the postgraduate degree will be covered if it is a professional necessity for employment:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
- B Tech: Chiropractic
- B Tech: Clinical Technology/Dental Technology
- B Tech: Emergency Medical Care
- B Tech: Engineering (Chemical/Civil/Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Metallurgy/Refractories)
- B Tech: Forestry
- B Tech: Homeopathy
- B Tech: Nursing/Nursing Science/Community Nursing/Primary Healthcare/Occupational Nursing)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor of Laws/LLB
Read: Which Colleges Offer Nsfas 2023
Nsfas Application Requirements For Postgraduate 2023-2024
If you are a postgraduate student applying for Nsfas funds, you must have the following requirements:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How to Apply For Nsfas Funds For Postgraduate Courses 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.