Nsfas And Unisa 2024/2025
Nsfas And Unisa Application 2024/2025
University Of South Africa (Unisa) is one of the leading universities in South Africa and is currently open for application for the year 2024. All Unisa new and already enrolled students who wish to apply for the Nsfas bursaries can now do so online through the official website of Nsfas(www.nsfas.org.za). Interested applicants must meet all the application requirements to receive the funds.
Do you wish to study or are already studying at a public university or TVET college and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less? NSFAS is a government organization that falls under the Department of Higher Education and Training. It was created following the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to help financially disadvantaged students who want to continue their education at public universities or TVET institutes.
Unisa Registrations 2024
Have you applied to enrol at Unisa for the academic year 2024, do you know when the 2024 registration will be open, keep reading this blog post gives details on the registration date an applicant can go ahead with their registration:
- Application date for admission to undergraduate limited qualifications for the 2024 academic year open from 10-31 May 2024.
- Unisa Registration date for Undergraduate Students: 20 June – 29th of July
- Application Date For Honours Degree & Postgraduate Diploma (Only for Semester 2 Modules): From the 20th of June to July 29 ( Excluding CAS programs)
- Masters And Doctoral Qualification(Only Semester 2 Modules): From 20th of June to July 29 ( MBA&MBL programmes Only)
Nsfas Unisa 2024 Application Date
The Unisa online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
What Does The Nsfas Unisa 2024 Cover
Students who were successful in receiving the NSFAS at Unisa can use the bursary to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Nsfas Unisa 2024-2025 Application Requirements
All students at Unisa who are applying for the Nsfasmust make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
UNISA’s Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning center):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Unisa’s Official Website for more details.
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.