How Often Nsfas Allowance For 2023
How Often Does Nsfas Pay Allowance For 2023
If you are identified as a beneficiary on the Nsfas scheme, a monthly student allowance will be given to you. It should be mentioned that the payments of these allowances normally start as soon as academic activities pick back up.
Therefore, if your school is still out for the summer, you might need to be patient. These allowances are nonetheless paid in cash. As a student, you can receive payment directly using NSFAS Wallet, or your school may do so.
The Nsfas bursary provides funding to students for a variety of expenses, including registration fees, tuition fees, housing, transportation, textbooks, and more. The 2023–2024 application period is presently available from November 2, 2022, to January 7, 2023.
Read: How Often Nsfas Pay For College Students 2023
Who Is Eligible To Recieve Nsfas Allowance In 2023
The Nsfas bursary is only given to South Africans who fall under the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Often Does Nsfas Pay Allowance For University Students 2023
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for university students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Read: Nsfas Application Dates 2023
How Often Does Nsfas Pay Allowance For Tvet Colleges Students 2023
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for Tvet college students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.