Can Nsfas Stop Funding A Student
Can Nsfas Stop Funding A Tvet Student
Are you a student of any of the public Universities or Tvet colleges in South Africa who have been enlisted and confirmed to receive funds from Nsfas to pay for your education? If yes is your answer, then you must follow all the established guidelines, terms and conditions and policies as well as the requirements that govern the scheme.
NSFAS reserves the right to confirm that all applicants have followed the proper procedures and are qualified to apply for the funding. The information an applicant supplied when submitting his/her application is examined before they are validated to receive the funds. If a student ceases to oblige to the policies of the scheme, NSFAS has the discretion to stop supporting them.
Who Is Qualified For Nsfas Funds In 2023
All applicants of Nsfas must fall under the following to be eligible:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read: Nsfas Bursary Agreement
Who Is Not Qualified For Nsfas Funds In 2023
All students of Nsfas who fall under the following are not eligible to apply:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
How Can Nsfas Stop Funding A Student In 2023-2024
The following are what Nsfas looks to stop providing funds for students:
- If a student has refused to report an increase in household income,(which would affect their eligibility for financial aid).
- If the applicant or student has also provided fake information.
- If applicants have already completed their undergraduate studies
Nsfas assistance is only available to students whose household income is below R350 000, and R600 000 for students with impairments.
Read Also: Nsfas Requirements 2023
What Do The Nsfas Cover
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.