Nsfas Monthly Allowance 2024
Nsfas Application Monthly Allowance 2024
A college or university education can be very demanding. Not just in terms of the psychological commitments and efforts that occasionally drain a lot of your energy, but also since there is nothing one can do except deal with monthly bills. NSFAS has therefore set up systems to give students monthly allowances to assist with such expenses.
NSFAS is a government organization that falls under the Department of Higher Education and Training. It was created in accordance with the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to help financially disadvantaged students who want to continue their education at public universities or TVET institutes.
If you are identified as a beneficiary, a monthly student allowance will be given to you. It should be remembered that this normally starts as soon as academic activities begin. Therefore, if your school is still out on vacation, you might need to be patient. These allowances are nonetheless paid in cash. and as a student, you can receive payment directly using NSFAS Wallet.
Read: Apply For Nsfas 2023
Many people (mainly students) frequently inquire about their expected allowance amounts. As it is based on data from the NSFAS website, below are the supposed amount that will be given as allowance depending on the institution you find yourself:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
TVET COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Hope the information published above has been useful to you. You can always visit the official website of NSFAS for further information and clarification.