How Nsfas Work At Unisa 2023-2024
How Nsfas Application Work At Unisa 2023-2024
One of the universities in South Africa accepting applications for the class of 2023 is the University of South Africa (Unisa). Now, any Unisa students who want to apply for Nsfas bursaries can do so online at the organization’s website (www.nsfas.org.za). To be eligible for the grants, interested applicants must fulfil all application requirements.
To help students pay for their education, the government offers the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS, which is solely available to South African students. Applications for NSFAs funding for the academic year 2023 will be accepted beginning on November 2 and ending on January 7, 2023.
Nsfas Unisa 2023 Application Date
The Unisa online application date for Nsfas 2023-2024 begins on November 2nd, 2022, and closes on January 7th, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Read: Nsfas Unisa Application 2023-2024
Who Should Apply Unisa Nsfas
The Unisa Nsfas bursary is available for people who are in the category listed below:
- Prospective students who applied for admission to the 2023 academic year for a first undergraduate qualification.
- Returning students who took a gap year in 2022 (ie did not study in 2022), who have an incomplete undergraduate qualification and who have not exceeded the N+ rule.
- NSFAS approved returning and new students in 2022 who did not study during the 2022 academic year.
- Students funded by other NSFAS bursaries who wish to switch to the NSFAS DHET grant.
Your NSFAS Application Will Not Be Considered At Unisa If You:
You can’t receive Nsfas at Unisa if:
- received NSFAS funding in 2022.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
What Does The Nsfas Unisa 2023 Cover
Students who were successful to receive the Nsfas at Unisa can use the bursary to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Appeal Nsfas Application 2023
If your NSFAS application is rejected, you may appeal during the prescribed appeal application period only. The application process and dates for the appeal will be communicated. New applicants must appeal directly with NSFAS: www.nsfas.org.za
Unisa Nsfas Refunds 2023
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed the successful processing of registration data to Unisa.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
Nsfas Unisa 2023 Application Requirements
All students at Unisa who are applying for the Nsfasmust make sure they provide the following documents:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How Nsfas Work At Unisa 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
UNISA’s Contact Infomation
Please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa’s Official Website for more details.
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.