How Nsfas Work
How Nsfas Bursary Work
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a bursary that the South African government provides to students from less privileged backgrounds. The purpose of this is to guarantee that such students can comfortably complete their studies at TVET colleges or universities.
As a result, NSFAS offers eligible students who want to or are already enrolled in TVET colleges and public universities financial aid in the form of a study bursary.
Now is published on the official website of Nsfas the online application date open for the 2023-2024 academic year. Students who have successfully applied or are already enrolled at any public Tvet college or the University of South Africa with a passing grade from 9-12 are eligible to apply for the bursary.
2023-2024 Nsfas Online Application Date.
All students who like to apply for the Nsfas for the 2023-2024 academic year must do that as soon as the application window is opened. The 2023 application date is open from the 2nd of November 2022 and closes on the 7th of January 2023.
Read: Nsfas Online Application For 2023
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Cover
Apart from that bursaries are given by Nsfas to pay for student registration, tuition, and learning materials among many others, they also give allowances every month which take care of the following:
Allowances For Tvet College Students
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Allowances For Universities
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Who Can Apply For The Nsfas Bursary 2023-2024
The following category of persons are eligible to apply for Nsfas:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Nsfas Work 2023-2024
In South Africa, there are 50 TVET colleges and 26 public universities that get funding from the NSFAS for recognised programmes. Giving students financial aid is the main goal in order to assure their success.
Requirements Needed To Apply For 2023-2024 Nsfas
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require additional information from you in order to process your application after you have obtained parental, guardian, or spouse consent to submit their personal information for validation and verification, accepted the applicable terms and conditions, and confirmed that you have obtained consent from all necessary parties.
Below are some supporting documents that Nsfas will require of you in the review of your application:
- Your phone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardians or spouse
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (where necessary)
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income. However, if you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development is required to provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form,
Other Documents Required, If Applicable include:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorcee decree
Read Also: Application For NSFAS 2023-2024 Closing Date
How To Apply For The 2023-2024 Nsfas
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
The NSFAS has relieved you of this burden, therefore as a citizen of South Africa, money is no longer an excuse for skipping school.
Don’t miss the wonderful chance to do anything. I hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.