How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food 2023
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food Allowance 2023
The NSFAS is a very helpful programme for people who would otherwise find it difficult to pay for their higher education. The NSFAS seeks to advance the educational and human development objectives of South Africa by assisting those without the financial resources to continue their education.
Currently, enrolment for the academic year 2023–2024 is available at the majority of public universities and Tvet colleges. Every South African student who enrols in college/university has the opportunity to apply for Nsfas bursaries each year.
Applications for NSFAs financing for the academic year 2023 will be accepted beginning on November 2, 2022, and closing on January 21, 2023. The Nsfas funds pay for the cost of tuition, books, food, lodging, and travel expenses.
Nsfas Bursary Application Date For 2023-2024
The online application date for Nsfas 2023-2024 begins on November 2nd, 2022, and closes on January 7th, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Read: Nsfas Information
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food 2023
The Nsfas bursaries provide coverage for additional annual allowances in addition to registration and tuition costs:
What The Nsfas Cover Allowance For University Students:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care and food allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
What The Nsfas Cover For Tvet College Students:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance, and allowance for Food R2900 per annum
Nsfas Online Application Requirements For 2023
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following)
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following:
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.