How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food 2024
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food Allowance 2024
The NSFAS is a very helpful program for people who would otherwise find it difficult to pay for their higher education. The NSFAS seeks to advance the educational and human development objectives of South Africa by assisting those without the financial resources to continue their education.
Currently, enrolment for the academic year 2024–2025 is available at the majority of public universities and Tvet colleges. Every South African student who enrolls in college/university has the opportunity to apply for NSFAS bursaries each year.
Applications for NSFA financing for the academic year 2024 will be accepted beginning on November 21st, 2023, and closing on January 31st, 2024. The NSFAS funds pay for the cost of tuition, books, food, lodging, and travel expenses.
Nsfas Bursary Application Date For 2024-2025
The online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Read: Nsfas Information
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food 2024
The Nsfas bursaries provide coverage for additional annual allowances in addition to registration and tuition costs:
What The Nsfas Cover Allowance For University Students:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care and food allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
What The Nsfas Cover For Tvet College Students:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance, and allowance for Food R2900 per annum
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following)
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following:
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.