Will Nsfas Pay For January 2024
Will Nsfas Pay For January 2024; NSFAS 2024 Online Application
Nsfas provides money as monthly allowances to students who have been accepted into the program each academic year. The South African Department of Higher Education and Training administers the Nsfas, a financial program that provides financial aid to qualifying South African citizens who have applied to or are already enrolled in one of the nation’s public schools or universities.
The Nsfas bursary provides funding to students for a variety of expenses, including registration fees, tuition fees, housing, transportation, textbooks, and more. If you want to apply for the bursary, the 2024–2025 application period is presently available from November 21st, 2023, to January 31st, 2024.
According to information provided by NSFAS, the program has received its initial budgetary allocation from the National Treasury and has since released funding to institutions by registration data. Beginning on April 8, 2024, the Scheme will begin processing payments to institutions and disbursing student allowances.
Who Is Qualified To Receive Nsfas Funds In 2024
The Nsfas bursary is only given to South Africans who fall under the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Nsfas Scheme Pay in January 2024-2025
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for university students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
NSFAS 2024 Online Application
Read Also: Are Nsfas Applications Open For 2023
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for Tvet college students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.