Who Does Nsfas Cover 2023
Who Does Nsfas Bursary Cover 2023
South African citizens or permanent residents who have chosen to enrol in or are currently enrolled in any public university or TVET college in South Africa are eligible to receive a shot at the NSFAS grant in 2023.
Currently, enrolment for the academic year 2023–2024 is available at the majority of public universities and Tvet colleges. Every South African student who enrols in tertiary school has the opportunity to apply for Nsfas bursaries each year.
To help students pay for their education, the government offers the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS, which is solely available to South African students.
Nsfas financing applications for the year 2023 academic will be accepted from the 2nd of November 2022 and will close on the 7th of January 2023. The Nsfas funds cover the costs of tuition fees, food, accommodation, books and travel allowances.
All brsaries are to be paid back to NSFAS after you have graduated from university or college and found employment earning R30 000 or more per annum.
Nsfas Bursary Application Date For 2023-2024
The online application date for Nsfas 2023-2024 begins on November 2nd, 2022, and closes on January 7th, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Read: Tshwane South Tvet College Nsfas 2023
Who Does Nsfas Cover 2023-2024
The bursaries are for South Africans who are eligible. Below are the criteria used to determine the eligibility of a person:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does Nsfas Bursary Cover For University Students 2023-2024
The Nsfas funds have been allocated to pay for the following :
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Nsfas Online Application Requirements For 2023
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.