Who Does Nsfas Cover 2024
Who Does Nsfas Cover 2024; Nsfas Application 2024
South African citizens or permanent residents who have chosen to enroll in or are currently enrolled in any public university or TVET college in South Africa are eligible to receive a shot at the NSFAS grant in 2024. Currently, enrolment for the academic year 2024–2025 is available at the majority of public universities and Tvet colleges. Every South African student who enrolls in tertiary school has the opportunity to apply for Nsfas bursaries each year.
To help students pay for their education, the government offers the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or NSFAS, which is solely available to South African students. Nsfas financing applications for the year 2024 will be accepted from the 21st of November 2023 and will close on the 31st of January 2024. The Nsfas funds cover the costs of tuition fees, food, accommodation, books, and travel allowances. All bursaries are to be paid back to NSFAS after you have graduated from university or college and found employment earning R30 000 or more per annum.
Nsfas Bursary Application Date For 2024-2025
The online application date for Nsfas 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Does Nsfas Cover 2024-2025
The bursaries are for South Africans who are eligible. Below are the criteria used to determine the eligibility of a person:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does Nsfas Bursary Cover For University Students 2024-2025
The Nsfas funds have been allocated to pay for the following :
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.