Which Colleges Offer Nsfas In Pretoria?
Which Colleges Offer Nsfas Funds In Pretoria?
Gaining admission to a college is very simple and easy, but funding yourself can be very difficult at times. A lot of students drop out of college because of financial difficulty. A program may be expensive in cost due to its nature, such courses will need financial assistance to help students focus on their studies.
Nsfas is a financial scheme that is ben funded by the Department Of Higher Education And Training, to render financial help to students who don’t have the means to fund their studies. These funds are given to students as loans or bursaries. Nsfas bursaries are available to only South African students who are enrolled at the public colleges in South Africa.
The total cost of tuition and prescribed learning materials is covered by NSFAS funding; this refers to the tuition fee for the specific programme in which the student has enrolled; these fees vary depending on the field of study (e.g., engineering, medicine, art, history, and so on) and the college to which the student has been accepted.
Furthermore, dependent on citizenship, subsidised housing and living expenses, including food, are provided. The bursary assistance is non-refundable and available for the duration of your studies
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Funds In Pretoria
Below is the list of people who can apply for the Nsfas funds:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum
Read: How Do I Register For TNC Online?
Nsfas Application Date For Colleges In Pretoria 2023
Nsfas application date for 2023 will be opened from the 2nd of November 2022 and will be closing on the 7th of January 2023. All students who want to apply must do that within the application date.
What Do The Nsfas Bursary Cover
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Application Requirements Needed
Every student who wants to apply must have the following:
- Consent Form
- complete and sign the form
- South Africa Identity Document: Certified copy ID(not older than 3 months, Certified copies of parent/s or guardian ID or Death certificate
- Proof of Income
- PWD(Persons with Disability): Complete disability form
- Latest Academic Result
How To Apply For NSFAS In Colleges At Pretoria 2023
Follow these simple steps and submit your application online:
- Go to www.nsfas .org .za and click on the ‘myNSFAS’tab
- Create a myNSFAS account
- Click on the APPLY tab and complete the sections on the screen
- Upload the required supporting documents when applicable
- Click on Submit
Which Colleges Offer Nsfas In Pretoria 2023?
Below is a list of colleges in Pretoria that offers Nsfas:
- Central Johannesburg TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- Sedibeng TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- South West Gauteng TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- Tshwane North TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- Tshwane South TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
- Western TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
Visit the official Website Of Nsfas For More Detail