Which Colleges Offer Nsfas In Pretoria?
Which Colleges Offer Nsfas Funds In Pretoria?
Gaining admission to a college is very simple and easy, but funding yourself can be very difficult at times. A lot of students drop out of college because of financial difficulty. A program may be expensive in cost due to its nature, such courses will need financial assistance to help students focus on their studies.
Nsfas is a financial scheme that is been funded by the Department Of Higher Education And Training, to render financial help to students who don’t have the means to fund their studies. These funds are given to students as loans or bursaries. Nsfas bursaries are available to only South African students who are enrolled at public colleges in South Africa.
The total cost of tuition and prescribed learning materials is covered by NSFAS funding; this refers to the tuition fee for the specific program in which the student has enrolled; these fees vary depending on the field of study (e.g., engineering, medicine, art, history, and so on) and the college to which the student has been accepted.
Furthermore, dependent on citizenship, subsidized housing and living expenses, including food, are provided. The bursary assistance is non-refundable and available for the duration of your studies
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Funds In Pretoria
Below is the list of people who can apply for the NSFAS funds:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
Nsfas Application Date For Colleges In Pretoria 2024
The Nsfas application date for 2024 will be opened from the 21st of November 2023 and closing on the 31st of January 2024. All students who want to apply must do that within the application date.
What Do The NSFAS Bursary Cover
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport, and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
NSFAS will cover your costs for:
- Living allowance
- Learning material allowance
- Personal care allowance
UNISA students will receive funding for:
- Books (subject to the number of modules registered)
- Personal care allowance
Eligible students with a disability will receive funding for:
- Assistive Devices
- Human Support
Application Requirements Needed
Every student who wants to apply must have the following:
- Consent Form
- complete and sign the form
- South Africa Identity Document: Certified copy ID(not older than 3 months, Certified copies of parent/s or guardian ID or Death certificate
- Proof of Income
- PWD(Persons with Disability): Complete disability form
- Latest Academic Result
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Follow these simple steps and submit your application online:
- Create a profile: Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now: To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
- Complete: Submit your application
Which Colleges Offer Nsfas In Pretoria 2024?
Below is a list of colleges in Pretoria that offer Nsfas:
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Sedibeng TVET College
- South West Gauteng TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Tshwane South TVET College
- Western TVET College
Visit the official Website Of Nsfas For More Details