When Nsfas Application Close For 2023
When Nsfas Online Application Close For 2023
The online Nsfas application season for the 2023-2024 academic year is open to all applicants who are currently studying or are fresh intakes at the public colleges or universities of South Africa. The Nsfas application is open from the 2nd of November 2022 and the application will close on the 7thof January 2023.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme(Nsfas) is a government agency that provides financial support to South African student who is ready to learn at the tertiary level but unfortunately comes from a family background with an annual income of about R350,000 or less.
The Nsfas bursary covers for the payment of student registration fees, tuition fees, and accommodation among many are which the bursary pays. Therefore, it is not a headache for South African students to go through their tertiary education.
When Will Nsfas Application Date Close For 2023
From 2nd November 2022, the Nsfas applications are open to all applicants to apply for the bursary and applications will close on the 7th of January 2023. All applicants are advised to apply within the application period to prevent their application been denied.
Read: Nsfas Application 2023 Opening Date
What Do the Nsfas Covers
Apart that the bursary pays for student registration fees and tuition fees, it also pays for the following:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who Is Eligible To Be Funded By Nsfas
In other to be qualified for the bursary, you need to be among the categories listed below:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Nsfas Application Requirements 2023
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Application Process 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.