How To Apply Nsfas 2023-2024
How To Apply Nsfas Online 2023-2024
Do you wish to seek financial support in your tertiary education in South Africa, then apply for Nsfas, the NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less.
The government of South Africa sees it as a need for everyone to get a quality education no matter the status of their family background. This is only if you are a South African and has successfully passed your high school with grade 9-12, and are also willing to enrol in any of the public colleges or universities, then you eligible to apply for Nsfas.
All applicants are expected to submit their applications for 2023 Nsfas for review. From the 2nd of November 2022 to the 7th of January 2023, the Nsfas applications will be opened. Check that you have uploaded all the application requirements to beef up your chances of being accepted.
Date Can You Apply For Nsfas In 2023-2024
The NSFAS application portals will be open to all applicants beginning on November 02, 2022, and closing on January 07, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Is Qualified To Apply Foe Nsfas In 2023
If you fit any of the following categories, you are qualified to submit an application for the 2023 Nsfas:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
The following people are not allowed to apply:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Covers For Students
The bursary caters for student registration fees, tuition fees and more. Below is a list of things the Nsfas fund pays for:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
TVET COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: Nsfas Application For 2023
Documents Needed To Apply For Nsfas Online In 2023
The following supporting documents are required from all applicants in order to be taken into consideration, so make sure you have them before submitting your application. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply Online For The 2023 Nsfas Funds
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.