Nsfas For 2024
Nsfas For 2024; Nsfas Login
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a program run by the South African government that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to assist in covering the cost of their higher education after they graduate from high school. The program operates under the auspices of the Departments of Higher Education and Training(DHET) of South Africa.
Are you having financial challenges financing your university or college education in South Africa, then calm your heart down, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme is currently open for application to all students who are looking for financial support. The NSFAS 2024-2025 application will be open from the 21st of November 2023 and closes on the 31st of January 2024. All applicants are informed to apply before the application deadline. Nsfas Login
Date To Apply Nsfas For 2024
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 21st, 2023, and closing on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Qualifies To Apply For National Student Financial Scheme 2024
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2024 NSFAS application:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
What Does the National Student Financial Scheme 2024 Application Cover For 2024
The 2024 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
NSFAS will cover your costs for:
- Living allowance
- Learning material allowance
- Personal care allowance
UNISA students will receive funding for:
- Books (subject to the number of modules registered)
- Personal care allowance
Eligible students with a disability will receive funding for:
- Assistive Devices
- Human Support
Read Also: Nsfas Application 2023 Opening Date
Nsfas Application Requirements For 2024
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Follow the process below to apply online for the National Student Financial Scheme 2024 bursaries for 2024-2025:
- Create a profile: Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now: To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
- Complete: Submit your application
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of the National Student Financial Scheme for more details.