Nsfas Application 2023 Website
The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) website handle is https://www.nsfas.org.za. Applicants, students, and others can use the handle to get all the information they require about Nsfas.
On the official website, all the information about the Nsfas is published on it. On the website, you can find the mission, how the scheme works, how to apply, and how to create the mynsfas account, and contact details among many are the information on the website.
The Nsfas offers financial support to South African students in colleges and universities. It operates under the authority of the department Of Higher Education and Training, a government agency that is responsible for supervising South African universities, colleges and other post-secondary institutions.
Nsfas Website Application Date For 2023
The online application date for Nsfas 2023-2024 begins on November 2nd, 2022, and closing on January 7th, 2023. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
READ: Nsfas Application 2023 Opening Date
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Online Application For 2023
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2023 nsfas application:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does Nsfas Website Application Cover For 2023
The 2023 Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: Nsfas 2023
Nsfas Online Application Requirements For 2023
All candidates must supply the following supporting documents in order to be considered for the funds, so make sure you have them available before submitting your application. Applications won’t be accepted without these materials:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Website Application Process For 2023
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas bursaries for 2023-2024:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.