Application For NSFAS 2023-2024
Application Date For NSFAS 2023-2024
Are you a student of any of the public Universities or Tvet colleges in South Africa, or are you now applying for one, then your chances of being accepted on the Nsfas schemes as a beneficiary are very high should you apply for it.
The NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges but come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less.
The online application window for Nsfas 2023 is currently open to all who are finding it difficult to pay for their education to apply from the 2nd of November 2022 to the 7th of January 2023. No late applications will be accepted, therefore apply applicants are to submit their applications before the deadline.
Online Application Date Open For Nsfas 2023-2024
From the second day of November twenty-twenty-two (02/11/2022) to the seventh of January twenty-twenty-three (07/01/2023), the application date for Nsfas will be opened and closed. If you want to be a beneficiary then you must apply within the application deadline.
Read: Nsfas Closing Date 2023
What Does The Nsfas Bursary Cover
Nsfas remains certain that they only provide bursaries for students who are enrolled at a public Tvet college or public University in South Africa. Nsfas pays beyond just registration fees and tuition fees. The also provides funds for the following:
- Accommodation (As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Application Requirements For NSFAS 2023-2024
The following supporting documents are required from all applicants in order to be taken into consideration, so make sure you have them before submitting your application. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognised as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Application Process For NSFAS 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply online for the Nsfas:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023.
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.