When Nsfas Will Open Again For 2024
When Will Nsfas Open Application Again 2024
The online Nsfas application season for the 2024-2025 academic year is open to all applicants who are currently studying or are fresh intakes at the public colleges or universities of South Africa. The Nsfas application is open from the 21st of November 2023 and the application will close on the 31st of January 2024.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme(NSFAS) is a government agency that provides financial support to South African student who is ready to learn at the tertiary level but unfortunately comes from a family background with an annual income of about R350,000 or less.
The Nsfas bursary covers the payment of student registration fees, tuition fees, and accommodation among many are which the bursary pays. Therefore, it is not a headache for South African students to go through their tertiary education.
When Nsfas Will Open Again For 2024
The online application Nsfas Open date 2024-2025 begins on November 21st, 2023, and closes on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For Nsfas 2024
You may apply for the 2024 NSFAS if you fit into one of the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Does The NSFAS Cover In 2024
The following expenses may be covered by 2024 Nsfas funds:
- As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Make sure you have the following supporting documentation on hand before completing your application as all applicants must provide these to be eligible for the funding. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply For Nsfas When Nsfas Opens Again For 2024
Do you want to apply for Nsfas in the year 2024, kindly follow the steps aligned below:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.