Nsfas Self Service
Nsfas Self Service Portal
The Nsfas Self Service can also be called the MyNsfas student portal. It is an online system created by Nsfas that makes it easier for applicants to manage all things Nsfas-related. By registering and logging in to your account, you will be able to upload your application, and supporting documents, and even update existing information.
Applications have officially closed for the 2022 year season but the 2023-2024 Nsfas applications will be opened from the 7th of November 2022 and will close on the 21st of January 2023, therefore all applicants are urged to apply within the application period.
Do you wish to study or are already studying at a public university or TVET college and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less, NSFAS is a government organisation that falls under the Department of Higher Education and Training. It was created in accordance with the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to help financially disadvantaged students who want to continue their education at public universities or TVET institutes.
How To Create Nsfas Self Service Account 2023-2024
It is highly recommended that students and NSFAS candidates create MyNSFAS accounts. The following are steps to follow to create an account:
- Navigate to www.nsfas.org.za login.
- Click the myNSFAS tab.
- Click register.
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify your details.
- Then capture the ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Type in your full names and surname as per your ID number.
- Type in your current email address.
- Confirm your email address.
- Type in your cellphone number.
- Create a password.
- Confirm password.
- Upload ID Copy.
- Click register.
- You will be sent an OTP to the email and cell number provided (this OTP expires after 24 hours).
- Type in the OTP and click Submit.
- You have now completed your NSFAS account re-registration.
Read: My Nsfas 2023
How to Update Nsfas Self Service Portal
To update your mynsfas account, follow the process below
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A one -Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
Note: Your email address is your username. Protect your username and password.
How To Check Your NSFAS Status 2023-2024
When you submit an application for financing through the NSFAS, you may typically expect to hear back a few days after the deadline, which is, January 21st 2023.
Below is a quick guide on how to find out the status of your National Student Financial Aid Scheme application if you have been waiting impatiently to know if you have been accepted into the programme or not.
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
How To Reset Your Nsfas Self Service Account Password 2023-2024
Do you already have an account but have forgotten your MyNsfas password, don’t worry, just change your Nsfas login password by following this process:
- Clicking on the “forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
Contact Details Of Nsfas
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given above has been useful to you, you can leave your suggestions in the comments section. Better still, you can visit the official website of Nsfas For more details.