Nsfas Application 2024/2025
Nsfas Funds Application 2024/2025
The Nsfas application is a process by which the doors of Nsfas are opened to all applicants to submit their applications in other to receive financial support for their education. Currently, the 2024-2025 applications will be opened from the 21st of November 2023 and will be closing on the 31st of January 2024. All applicants should bear in mind that, applications will only be accepted within the application period.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a program run by the South African government that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to assist in covering the cost of their higher education after they graduate from high school.
The Scheme operates under the auspices of DHET, one of the South African government’s departments. Department of Higher Education and Training supervises South African universities, colleges, and other post-secondary institutions.
Application Date For Nsfas Funds 2024
The NSFAS application doors will be open to all applicants beginning on November 21st, 2023, and closing on January 31st, 2024. Therefore, applicants are requested to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For The NSFAS Funds 2024
If you fall under this category of people, then you are eligible to apply for the 2024 NSFAS application:
- SASSA grant recipients
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- Candidates whose annual gross household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- individuals with disabilities whose annual gross family income is not greater than R600,000.
- Both a cell phone number and email address are required.
Nsfas Application Requirements 2024-2025
The following supporting documents are required from all applicants in order to be taken into consideration, so make sure you have them before submitting your application. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Other documents that may be required, if applicable
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
Follow the process below to apply online for the NSFAS:
- Create a profile: Use this link to register for a myNSFAS account: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or get the NSFAS App from the App Store or Google Play. Your username will be your ID number.
- Apply now: To amend your personal information and upload the supporting documents for your application, click the “Apply” option.
- Complete: Submit your application
For any queries related to this bursary program, please get in touch with NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.